We are grateful that so many people support our NHS, but as we move into winter, we are looking for more wonderful volunteers to step forward and help support staff and patients in our hospitals across Sussex.
If you are empathetic and reliable, with an ability to listen and observe while showing initiative and attention to detail then we’d love for you to join our teams of volunteers at your local community hospital.
Who are we?
Sussex Community NHS Foundation Trust (SCFT) is the main provider of community NHS health and care across Brighton and Hove, West Sussex and the High Weald, Lewes and Havens area of East Sussex.
We provide a wide range of services to more than 9,000 people every day, caring for people from their earliest moments to their last. We work in a variety of locations, including community hospitals, care homes, clinics, GP surgeries, schools and people’s own homes.
“Volunteers can make a real difference to our patients and are very much an integral part of our vision
Volunteers play a huge part in supporting the delivery of care in our hospitals. We are looking for people to join us as volunteer ward helpers as they make a real difference to the care we provide, especially over the winter months when our staff are at their busiest.
Our patients’ wellbeing is of the utmost importance to us, and you will support their care through conversations, activities and games.
Most volunteering takes place seven days a week and shifts last two to three hours. We do ask for a commitment of six months although there may be other opportunities to volunteer for a shorter period, subject to availability.
Community Connect Volunteering is brilliant if you:
- enjoy helping others and want to play a role in improving patient experience
- want to give something back to the NHS after you or a family member have been treated here
- want to contribute to your local community
- want to use the role to demonstrate your existing skills and further your personal development
- want to put to good use the skills and experience you have gained over your lifetime
- are thinking about career choices and are thinking of joining the health and social care sector.
- would like to build your confidence, learn new skills, and make new friends
Volunteer – Elaine (pictured left) said:
“Working with SCFT is extremely rewarding and can cover many interesting roles, I am an immensely proud member of the Trust.”
We need volunteers to help us at:
- Crawley Hospital
- Kleinwort Hospital, Haywards Heath
- Horsham Hospital
- Arundel and District Community Hospital
- Bognor Regis War Memorial Hospital
- Zachary Merton Hospital, Rustington
- Crowborough War Memorial Hospital
- Lewes Victoria Hospital
- Uckfield Community Hospital
- Brighton Intermediate Care Unit
To find out more about volunteering for Sussex Community NHS Foundation Trust visit www.sussexcommunity.nhs.uk/work-with-us/volunteering or scan the QR code:
Phone: 01273 696011 ext.8388